Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Time to make the doughnuts! Michael was up early enough to help me mix the dough. Once it was chilling in the fridge, we woke up Katy and Kyle so that they could decorate their gingerbread houses.



Michael and Tim enjoy some doughnut holes.


Tim and Katy tried to do some last minute shopping but every store in Poland is closed on the 24th. Today is Wigilia when Poles have a 20-dish dinner (including Carp) and presents are opened when the first star is sighted.

3 comments:

Grandma Ann said...

Grandma Ann made donuts to distribute to family members as part of their Christmas presents.
I made chocolate donuts as well as the old fashioned ones.

I didn't think to take pictures of the donuts frying though...just pictures of the preparation. I tried taking pictures of me but my arm isn't long enough to get a focused shot.

Yum!!!

smile...

Grandma Ann said...

Great looking ginger bread houses!!

smile...

Debbi said...

WOW! Look at all those donuts!
Garrett came running in to look at the pictures when he heard my reaction to the picture. Ethan liked the pictures of the gingerbread houses.