Sunday, December 28, 2008

Movie Reviews cont

Finished Kung Fu Panda- hmmm. I should admit that I don't care for Jack Black so I was worried that might color my opinion but it was no problem. I didn't have to look at him and his voice wasn't distracting for me.

I agree with Ryan's post- the animation was terrific, especially the action sequences. Overall though, the story was no different from many other animated movies. While technically/visually excellent, this Dreamworks story just didn't have the heart and originality of a Pixar film (Wall-E, The Incredibles, Toy Story, etc). Remember, I'm the parent who always managed to wriggle out of taking the kids to animated movies by labeling it "time with Dad" but when it's a Pixar movie, I'm there in the theater with them and watching it again at home on DVD.

While I don't regret having watched Kung Fu Panda, I won't be watching it again.

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

Kung Fu Panda wasn't my favorite animated movie either.

smile...