Friday, December 26, 2008

Quick Report From the Burke Theater

We have been working our way through our new movies that we got for Christmas. Ironman was the first one we watched yesterday. The whole audience, ages 10 to 48, loved it. Great action, use of current events (I like the mix of comic hero and real world), and sarcastic, atypical hero Robert Downy Jr (who I easily find annoying but I loved him in this).
Next on the marquee was Wall-E. Usually I let Tim take the kids to see the animated movies but I had heard such great reviews that I was happy to watch the DVD. It was wonderful- touching and sweet. I completely forgot that I was watching animated, non-speaking machines fall in love.
This morning we watched Get Smart. Same audience- all five of us- and we were laughing out loud throughout the movie. Steve Carell's Max Smart was endearing and funny and who could ever get tired of looking at the luminosity that is Anne Hathaway (and I'm a straight girl!).
Tonight we started Kung Fu Panda but ran out of time so we'll finish it tomorrow. The first three films were so great that this one is coming up against a lot of competition so we'll see what I think tomorrow.
A very brief movie review I know but it's 1:30 am so I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Grandma Ann said...

I took Garrett to see the movie Wall-E in the theater a few months ago...he and I LOVED it! I am glad you enjoyed it as well.

Happy Holidays!

smile...

bstorms said...

Jeanette,loved all those movies and we saw horton hears a who which everyone enjoyed while martha was down. It's really funny.

Bstorms