Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What Are Your Thanksgiving Day Plans?

First, and most importantly, will be to prepare the stuffing and put the turkey in the oven. Then I like to do my traditional personal Turkey Trot run of at least four miles. Tim's sore foot may prevent him from joining me so I'll just take Muse (my most favorite band right now). Tim's office has been challenged by the Marines to a football game so he'll be gone for that for several hours. The kids will be doing homework because ASW is in session both Thursday and Friday (one of the drawbacks of attending an international school). I'm letting them stay home on Thursday but they have work due on Friday.

Early afternoon my friend Nancy will arrive bearing cherry pie, mashed potatoes, and whipped cream. Her husband is in Baghdad for a year so she and her son (when he gets out of class) will be joining us. We also invited all the Poles from the office but those RSVPs have been in flux so I'm not sure how many we'll have at the table.

Later, we'll call Ryan who is spending the holiday at Lisa's parents' home north of Atlanta and we'll try to set up a video call to the Mallinsons at Lisa's house.

And somewhere in there will be lots of cooking, eating, and cleaning!


The kids will be waiting for the last dish to be washed because my year-long ban on the humming and singing of Christmas carols ends then. I have this thing about hearing Christmas songs out of season because, for me anyway, hearing them during the year makes hearing them during Christmas a little less special. Perhaps it's silly but it's not the worst of my flaws!


Okay, this post sounds completely stupid but I need something to continue the blog streak. Please feel free to ignore me today.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I don't have my webcam with me...

Burke Family said...

Ryan- I meant to say we were webcamming to Massachusetts and you are getting a plain, old-fashioned phone call. Sorry!

Grandma Ann said...

I loved reading your thoughts and your agenda.

Dad tried to webcam with you but was too late I guess. It would have been fun to see you all.

How does that work?

smile...