Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Astronaut George Zamka

George Zamka is a NASA astronaut of Polish descent and space shuttle pilot who was in Warsaw to celebrate NASA's 50th anniversary and to hand out awards to Polish students who had won an essay contest. This was the reception to meet George and present the students with their prizes. In the photo, l-r, are Tim, me, Ambassador Ashe, Andy Schilling (Chief of Public Affairs at the embassy), and George Zamka. I apologize for the darkness of the picture and will try to lighten it later but I'm beat (subbing full-time right now and prepping for Thanksgiving company) so I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

Debbie...

You have been very busy updating your blog. I loved viewing everything.

Every time I write a comment and have to enter the word verification characters...I feel as though I am typing Polish words.

Ha!

smile...