Saturday, November 22, 2008

Snow!

Last night we had our first snow fall in Warsaw! Lucky for us because Tim and I had assured the kids that we would have snow in Poland. We had big, fat flakes that fell for for over an hour (or maybe longer but that's how long it held our attention). This morning the ground was white and I had to scrape the car for the first time since February 2003 (Valentines Day- I had a half-marathon in Dallas so I clearly remember running in the snow and then cleaning off the Accord for the return drive to Wichita Falls but I remember a lot of stuff- ask me what Tim was wearing the first time I saw him! I digress.). Minimal melting today. Ironically, after years of begging for snow, Katy decided it was a little too cold and wet for her.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Very cool, it hasn't snowed yet here in New England except for a couple flurries yesterday. Garrett can't wait!

Debbi

Burke Family said...

Thanks for the comment- I was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading these!