Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another Blog I'm Following

I stumbled onto Roger Ebert's blog via a recommendation in some other, long-since-forgotten, online article I was reading. I almost didn't click the link because I thought, "Roger Ebert, the movie guy? What, other than movies, could he possibly be writing about?" But I had always enjoyed his banter with Gene Siskel so I surfed on over. I read one entry and immediately pasted the link onto my toolbar of favorites.

I consider myself a reasonably intelligent, literate, and thoughtful person but Roger's blogs, and the hundreds of perceptive and astute comments that follow, are not suitable for a quick glance while mindlessly bouncing around the world wide web. Go when you have time to read and think.

One other point- it's possible I may like Roger's blog because I agree with so much of what he says. Admittedly, we all prefer to listen to people with similar views because it "confirms" how "right" we are; it's easier and more comfortable than hearing opposing points-of-view. So be forewarned- I'm a liberal with edges smoothed by age and 26 years in a military environment!

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/

No comments: