Monday, February 11, 2008

Hilary or Barack??

Okay, the title alone should tell you who is writing this post. If you don't know, then you don't know us well enough to be reading our blog!

So far, I am ambivilant about my election choices. I am excited by the youth, energy, novelty, and enthusiasm of Barack Obama. But, as I heard one woman quoted, "You can't eat a speech."

Hilary has always left me a little cold; she's so stiff and restrained that she might crack. She's smart and talented but would she be in this position if her husband hadn't been a president? (Would George II have been president if George I hadn't preceded him?). I'm not into nepotism or dynasties.

BUT, I saw Hilary on 60 Minutes last night and she connected with me. She was warm and genuine. For the first time, I forgot she was Bill Clinton's wife and I liked her.

I think Barack was on the show, too but I missed the interview.

Am I a fickle voter? No. Will my vote pendulum swing again with the next interview? Probably. But I am excited about my voting choices. Unfortunately, as an independent, I can't vote in my state's primary so I have to leave it up to my fellow Americans ( I never liked group projects; I'm too independent and controlling!) to choose for me.

Elections may be messy and overpriced but I'll never let one go by without exercising my right (paid for with the blood and sacrifice of millions) to vote.

No comments: