Friday, August 21, 2009

Scenes from Asheville, NC

Long gone are the days when I used to have to psych myself up to fly with young children, worried about keeping them occupied during long flights. Now I just tell them to pack a backpack and remind them to fully charge their electronic devices.
Here we are with Ken Cowin pre-white water rafting. Three rafters were quite nervous and I bet you can easily guess one of them, based on her grip on her father! After the trip, everyone was eager to do it again the next day! Best thing we did in Asheville (not counting the wedding of course).
Michael now has Porsche fever courtesy of a thrilling ride in Ken's Boxter and a twisting mountain road.
We took a day trip to Knoxville and loved the city. Here we are at the ampitheater at the World's Fair site. Knoxville has a lovely old downtown and we happened upon their regular farmer's market.
Chimney Rock State Park with Doug, Debbi, Garrett, and Ethan. Only Doug, Michael, and I climbed every step! Great views.
Kyle, Katy, and Michael from atop Chimney Rock (was I the only one who thought it was a bit phallic-looking?!).
The three kids at the base of the water fall down the trail from Chimney Rock. Who doesn't like to clamber over big boulders?
Fifteen years old and he still enjoys a petting zoo!

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

I check your site every day in hopes of finding something new AND today I was really excited to see these photos.
Keep them coming!!!!!!!!