Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Polish Outdoor Market

All over Warsaw there are vendors set up on sidewalks, selling anything from shoelaces, to used books, to fruits and vegetables (one old man selling a few desperate pieces of junk wasn't even wearing pants when we jogged by him last week). The produce is almost exclusively local and fresh (I do see the occasional bunch of Dole bananas for sale) and unbelievably inexpensive. For example, the raspberries in the forefront of the lower picture, cost less than $2 for four cups of giant berries!
But remember to bring lots of small change when shopping at the outdoor markets because the Poles hate to make change. They will wait patiently while I count out a handful of groszy coins and sigh impatiently if I hand them a single paper bill. But it's worth it because as I type this, I am pleasantly stuffed with blueberries and raspberries. I love July in Poland!

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Love these Warsaw life posts + pics

Burke Family said...

bless you for writing a comment! As you have expressed, sometimes I feel like I'm blogging for just me and my faithful reader mother!

Grandma Ann said...

Here is your faithful reader again!

The produce display looked beautiful in color. Continue blogging local pictures. I enjoy seeing what you see locally.

smile...

Grandma Ann said...

I just realized that when I post a comment my picture displays as well and I see yours two. Have I not been paying attention or is this something new?

Grandma Ann said...

Oooooppppps! I just read my comment and the word "two" should have read too.

smile...

Grandma Ann said...

At least you have lots of comments!

MBOB said...

I'll take two bags of rasberries and four of blueberries!! Have I hit $10 bucks yet!!

Debbi said...

Looks yummy, much better than the 2 raspberries that have come out of our garden this year!