Tuesday, June 16, 2009

From Russia with Love (aka, Happy Birthday to Me!)

Here she is, my mysterious Russian beauty, my new/old piano. I got a great deal ($350) from Krzysztof, a Pole that works at the embassy warehouse. I'm working my way through my old piano books and it's amazing how long muscle memory lasts; some music I haven't played in 30 years (groan) still feels familiar to my fingers. The kids are deciding if they want to begin lessons after the summer break.
I think that's Tchaikovsky written in Cyrillic. I found the Russian piano company that manufactures this model but I have no idea how old it is. Maybe I can find a label inside. I'm sure it's just a low-end instrument but she still seems pretty exotic to me.

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

I am delighted you have your new/old piano. It looks really good from here. AND what a wonderful birthday present to you.

Enjoy many hours of music.

smile...