Sunday, May 17, 2009

One of the perks of running

One of the perks of running is exploring new routes and stumbling onto unexpected sights like this 1000 year old oak tree we found between a small forest area and a compound of new condominiums yet still within Warsaw city limits. There are steel braces propping it up but it's sprouting new, spring growth.

Our running is progressing smoothly as we continue to build a base before we begin our official marathon training. We are undecided about which race to run- Berlin or Warsaw. Both are scheduled for the end of September but I'm toying with the idea of making another try at qualifying for Boston. If I do, it needs to be Berlin because I'm nearly certain that it's a certified qualifying course while Warsaw is not. Training and injuries are unpredictable so who knows.
Amazing to think what this tree has seen.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Good for you! I think you should do Berlin, so that you can try to qualify for Boston. You've talked about doing that Marathon over the years and it would be cool to come home for it!

Grandma Ann said...

What a HUGE tree!

Go for Berlin. I can't think of a better city in which you would qualify for a marathon than the city in which you were born.

Let me know which Boston Marathon you are going to register for and I will stand on the sidelines and CHEER you on.

smile...