Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday

In a few minutes I'm off to the airport to pick up Tim who is returning from a week at Ramstein AB in Germany. I may have mentioned to some of you before that Ramstein, part of the Kaiserslautern military community, is the largest concentration of Americans outside the US. So, Tim has had access to what we fondly refer to as the "land of the big BX" which means he will be returning with a suitcase full of American-goodness. My personal requests included Blistex and a Cadbury Creme Egg (my needs are simple). Tim is certain to have checked out all the latest DVD releases and eaten as many comfort foods as he could find (BK cheeseburger minus pickle is standard).

Going to the airport is soooo much easier than it was in Greece. The drive from our house is only 15-20 minutes and the diplomatic plates on the car allow me to sit unaccosted in the "loading-unloading only zone" indefinitely. So I'm off to retrieve my yummy egg and my sweet husband.

(If I twittered, this would be a lot shorter and definitely less boring!).

No comments: