Thursday, February 3, 2011

A new runner in the family!


I have a new convert! Michael and I were talking about what after-school activity in which he was going to participate in the third trimester. He wanted to do a sport and with tennis, softball, and track-and-field to choose from, he decided on track-and-field. Of course I am thrilled- what parent isn't secretly pleased when their child pursues a similar interest?
So we started with some slow walk-jogs around the neighborhood lasting around 20 minutes. Then the snow and temps fell again so he moved inside to the treadmill. He has faithfully done his Tuesday/Thursday after-school runs and then again on Sat/Sun mornings. I love it when we run together outside; so much fun to share an activity and have that time together to talk. I think Michael is really looking forward to the start of track and field in March. I'd love to get Katy and her long legs out onto the road, too!

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

The family that runs together ... !
smile...