Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can!















The kids and I cheered and toasted the new president, watching the swearing-in ceremony live on AFN (Armed Forces Network, the military satellite channels that bring us American programming). We are on the third floor which has the guest room, play room, and all my sewing (you can get a tiny peek at Ryan and Lisa's wedding quilt over Katy's shoulder). Tim was watching the ceremony at the ambassador's residence but I wanted to view it from home where I could celebrate with unhindered enthusiasm (AMB Ashe is a good friend of George Bush).
[Please note that the horrendously ugly green couch is not ours; it belongs to the office furniture pool.]

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I taped the show AND watched everything live on my computer at work.
Way to go America!
I am so excited and hopeful for our future.

Love the couch!!!! ha...ha...

smile...