Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chopin in the Park


Every Sunday during the summer, world-famous pianists give free concerts of Chopin music in Łazienki Park. Chopin is from Poland and the Poles celebrate this citizen with fanatical patriotism. Tim and I were exploring the walk from our hotel to the embassy today and decided to continue on to the park to enjoy the concert. The weather was perfect- high 70's, dry, and breezy. We bought a quart of raspberries from a street vendor and settled under a shade tree to listen. The park was full of people strolling on a Sunday afternoon and several thousand had gathered around the pool and statue of Chopin to listen, too.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi All,
Glad to hear that your trip was successful and you arrived allright. Your blog looks great. I will add its address to my frequently checked list. Looking forward to seeing future posts.
Tom from Seminole

Grandma Ann said...

Hello over there in Poland.
Love the blog. I recognize the HTML coding from my early computer days at Digital. I used to use/teach a Desktop Publishing software that used the same coding.
Anyway...Delighted to see your BLOG results. I have included it in my Favorites listing.
Can anyone tell me how to alphatize the internet favorites list?
Keep up the communication!!!!
smile